On-Site and Webinar Training
SMG On-Site and Webinar Training
On-site teacher training workshops for first-time or novice Stock Market Game teachers include interactive curriculum lessons, stock market basics, handouts and hands-on computer lab sessions. Teachers learn how to access the SMG's Teacher Support Center of online curricula, lesson planning, tutorials and assessments; how to access and manipulate the student-based portfolio simulation.
Teachers who are highly interested in using The Stock Market Game but not certain about enrolling, are also welcome to attend a workshop for informational purposes. Teachers remaining to the end of the workshop will receive CPDU's and their choice of curriculum piece (depending on funding.)
Webinars are available to any teacher, especially those who are unable to attend an onsite training due to schedule or distance. Overview Webinars are offered in a one-hour, live setting. Many dates and times are available during the first six weeks of the semester.
Overview Webinars provide a foundation for implementation. Webinar participants are provided a shared SMG program login which they can use to further explore and learn the resources and portfolio simulation after the conclusion of the Webinar.
On-site SMG workshops
Dominican University Center for Economic Education
- Held on the campus of Dominican University
- To reserve your spot, contact Professor Daniel Condon, Director of the DU Center for Economic Education at 708.524.6233 or email@example.com.
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 4:30 pm
- Thursday, January 24, 2013, 4:30 pm
- Contact Dr. Daniel Condon if you need individual, small group or school-wide teacher training
Governors State University Office of Economic Education
- Held on the campus of Governors State University
- For detailed information and to register, contact Sheryl Szot Gallaher, Director of the GSU Office of Economic Education at 708.534.4926 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, October 11, 2012 from 1-4.
- Contact Sheryl Gallaher if you need an individual or small group training session.
University of Illinois Chicago Center for Economic Education
- Held on the campus of UIC
- To reserve your spot, contact Dr. Helen Roberts, Director of the UIC Center for Economic Education at 312.355.0378 or email@example.com
- Continental breakfast and/or light lunch included
- If one of the following dates does not work for you, contact Helen Roberts for additional options:
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 4:30 - 7:30
- Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 4:30 - 7:30
- Contact Dr Roberts if you need small group or school-wide teacher training