SMG Training Webinars
Both on-site workshop and online Webinar training are offered to teachers new or newer to the SMG program. Select the type of training that best suits your needs.
- Meet where convenient, school or home
- No travel cost
- No onsite teacher training is located in your area
- Meetings last one hour
- Meetings are free!
|Wed. Jan. 23, 2:30 - 3:30 pm||https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/816601369|
|Thurs. Jan. 24, 3:45 - 4:45 pm||https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/122879041|
|Tues. Jan. 29, 3:45 - 4:45 pm||https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/781726753|
|Thurs. Jan. 31, 2:30 - 3:30 pm||https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/143872217|
|Tues. Feb. 5, 2:30 - 3:30 pm||https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/131019240|
What do I need to know?
- The Webinar is a live presentation and discussion with Econ Illinois SMG staff
- Illinois educators of grades 4-12, planning to implement The Stock Market Game program in their teaching are invited to attend
- A one-hour online overview Webinar is not intended to replace an onsite teacher training for first-time SMG teachers.
- Access to a computer with Internet and a phone at the same time is necessary - a Webinar is visual and auditory. Land lines are preferred but not required. Speaker phones discouraged; phones with a mute function are helpful.
- The audio/phone portion of the meeting is toll-free.
- Any Internet browser will work.
- Plan to be in a quiet environment - meeting attendees will hear all the noises around you unless you mute your phone.
- Bring a note pad for special information you may want to recall. But note-taking is not necessary.
- Questions will be addressed on a limited basis during the meeting; followup with SMG staff by phone or email will allow for an indepth response.
How do I register for a Webinar?
- Click a registration link, selecting the date and time that works best for you.
- Register at least 24 hours in advance to assure the Webinar you select will not be canceled for lack of enrollment.
- Upon registration, you will receive an email with the link to join the meeting, as well as the phone number to call for the audio portion.
- Begin the process of joining the meeting and the phone call five to ten minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on availability of other meeting dates or topics.
Webinar topic: SMG Program Overview
This Webinar will provide information on basic navigation of both the Teacher Support Center of online resources, and the student simulated portfolio. Attendees will be shown how to locate lessons and activities to help them teach using the SMG program; how to view the student portfolios and rankings lists; and how to find online tutorials and SMG Rules. Also covered is a quick tour of the online simulated portfolio; how to interpret reports, how to make a trade. Also, Three Tools for students!
Teachers who have not yet registered for the SMG will be provided with a workshop account which they can use following the Webinar to further explore the material covered in the Webinar.